Summer is known for being the season of love, the days are longer, the weather is warmer, and there are plenty of things to do outside. Watching Netflix or eating at your go-to restaurant is of course lovely but switching it up now and then helps to keep that spark alive. In fact, experts say excitement is one of the key elements for a successful relationship. Here are some romantic fun date ideas to get closer to your S.O this summer.
HAVE A PICNIC
1. A Warm summers day/eve picnic is sure to give you those romance movie feels. Pack some tasty food and drinks and head to the park or beach.
GO TO THE MARKET
2. Spend a morning at the farmer's market. You can pick out fresh ingredients to cook with together.
GO ON A HIKE
3. put on your walking shoes and head into the wilderness, there's something magical about walking in nature with the one you love.
HEAD TO THE WATER
4. Rent a pedalo and take it out on the lake. Or book onto a river cruise for the afternoon.
WATCH AN OUTDOOR FILM
5. Many local parks play outdoor films during the summer months or you may even be lucky enough to have a drive in theatre nearby which often pop up during the summer.
EXPLORE A NEW PLACE
6. If you had to put your French holiday on hold because of travel restrictions, don't worry because you don't have to travel abroad to feel like you're on holiday. Head to a new town and explore its museums, historical sites, and shops If you can, rent a hotel room or Airbnb and make a weekend of it.
7. Something as natural as looking up at the night sky can be an incredibly romantic experience. Look for a place with low light pollution for the best views. (For help spotting planets, stars, and constellations, we recommend downloading a stargazing app)
VISIT ANTIQUE SHOPS
8. There's truly a trinket to satisfy every interest at a good "junk shop". And so many tables full of great finds to sort through together: Antiques, vintage toys, jewelry, you name it. You never know what you'll find. It's a great low-cost date option, too as there's no need to actually buy the wares you're peeping.
GET COZY BY THE FIRE
9. Cook some sausages or marshmallows, have a few drinks and reminisce on summers gone by (or plan your summers to come).
HAVE A PHOTOSHOOT
10. Hire a local photographer for an hour or so and make tangible memories that will last forever. If you're on a budget take some photos of each other at cool spots around your city, they probably won't be as good but you'll have just as much fun.